First edition published November 2011, 67 pages
- Part of collaborative $500,000 DoHA project that I was the project managing, involving: Mercy Health, NWMH, CAPS
- Drafted by two experts in the palliative approach in aged care (A/Prof Rosalie Hudson and Robyn Allan), and content reviewed and developed by family representatives, approved by project stakeholder reps, and endorsed by peak bodies
- Content based on The Guidelines for a Palliative Approach in Residential Aged Care, published by the Commonwealth Government in 2004, endorsed by NHMRC in 2006
- Book launched at Partnership in Care Conference that I event coordinated & hosted
- Drafted, approved, designed and produced in very short 3 month timeframe
- Partnership in Care
- What is palliative care?
- Palliative approach and dementia
- Will my relative be in pain?
- Grief, loss and depression
- Advance Care Planning
- Cultural considerations
- Spiritual considerations
- What can I expect to feel?